Ill-gotten gains trial – Transparency International
I covered on behalf of Transparency International France the verdict of the ill-gotten gains trial at the Paris law courts. A verdict of a high-profile trial where the Vice President of Equatorial Guinea, Teodoro Obiang, was sentenced Friday by the French justice to three years in prison suspended and to 30 million fine in the so-called trial of “evil property acquired”.
Let’s ecall that Teodoro Obiang, the current vice president (appointed by his current father president) of Equatorial Guinea, is accused in this case of “laundering of abuse of social property”, “embezzlement of public funds”, “breach of trust” and “corruption”
It is William Bourdon, lawyer of the civil part “Transparency International France“, which battle for ten years to make emerge this first case. He states “Our witnesses were all harassed, threatened on the spot, an exile victim of an assassination attempt. How far will the “barbouzerie” go? “
Moreover during the trial ex-Mercenary Simon Mann was called to the bar as a witness where he recounted his course quite sulphurous! This is to say that Maitre Bourdon had made well founded accusations.
The court witnessed several witnesses of the civil parties. Entrepreneurs, journalists, they spoke about the repression, describes Equatorial Guinea as a country where reigns “kleptocracy” and “corruption”. Developments that sometimes led the lawyer of the defendant, Emmanuel Marsigny, to pester: “We waste our time.” Replica of Me Bourdon: “You take for a judge in Malabo, Marsigny”.
- Pictures of the Fire at Notre Dame Cathedral 15th April 2019
- The 2019 Algerian protest in Paris – HIrak 10th April 2019
- Hirak – الحراك | The Algerian protests 7th April 2019
- An evening at the Théâtre des Champs Elysées 19th February 2019
- Events and conventions photography 25th October 2018
- Tesla model 3 at the Paris Motor Show 6th October 2018
- Wedding photographer in Aix-en-Provence 30th September 2018
- Wedding photographer in Burgundy 11th September 2018
- YogaGraphy with Anne Francin 3rd September 2018
- Street photography à la Goutte d’Or 10th August 2018
Abonnez-vous à ce blog par e-mail.
All images on this website are the sole intellectual property of Mahdi Aridj Photography.
The copyright for any material created by Mahdi Aridj Photography is reserved. None of the images on this site may be reproduced or otherwise used in any way without the express permission of Mahdi Aridj Photography.
The provision of any e-mail address, name or other personal data is voluntary. Such data will be used by Mahdi Aridj Photography for the sole purpose of responding to your inquiry. If you want us to delete or to send you all the information that we’re collecting write us via the contact form below.