A day with siwimming pool builders
This summer during my vacation I was lucky to spend a day with swimming pool builders in the Ardèche, I wanted to discover how swimming pools were made. I’ve discovered the pool craftsman profession .
Fred picked me up early on an August morning. We found his colleagues on the consrtuction site. The pool was already inground and the concrete poured and polished. There was “only” the reinforced PVC to install. The goal was to finish as soon as possible before being knocked out by the blazing sun that loomed over us and was going to heavily fall on us. They set to work unrolling the PVC and installing the gaskets. As the shadows thinned out, the sun gained ground and the mercury shot up at a breakneck speed. At this rate the pool will be filled with sweat!
I was urged to cover my head, I didn’t want to play that game with the sun, he always win. The sunstroke did not go very far me. While I was taking the photos the pool was taking shape. A meticulous job where everything is checked three times before moving forward and heat welded, yes as if there was no shortage of heat. The reflections of the PVC did not facilitate the task, the conditions became almost untenable. But they are used to it, whereas I would wet my head with the jet of water, dreaming of diving in a swimming pool!
With the final checks done, they turned on the water, just as their client arrived and noticed the job was almost done. The filling was going to take a few hours … For us it was time for a cold beer to celebrate the end of this busy and hot day!
- Photographer on LosangExpo – Tobacconist Profesional Fair Trade 18th October 2021
- Architectural and interiors photographer 15th October 2021
- Photographer on the SILMO Paris – The Optical Fair 2nd October 2021
- A shoemaker in the Cévennes 20th September 2020
- A day with swimming pool builders 10th August 2020
- Feminist protest against the new government 10th July 2020
- Paris Gay Pride 2020 6th July 2020
- Medical staff demonstration in Paris 16th June 2020
- Protest against police Brutality in Paris 14th June 2020
- Tribute to George Floyd in Paris 9th June 2020
Abonnez-vous à ce blog par e-mail.
All images on this website are the sole intellectual property of Mahdi Aridj Photography.
The copyright for any material created by Mahdi Aridj Photography is reserved. None of the images on this site may be reproduced or otherwise used in any way without the express permission of Mahdi Aridj Photography.
The provision of any e-mail address, name or other personal data is voluntary. Such data will be used by Mahdi Aridj Photography for the sole purpose of responding to your inquiry. If you want us to delete or to send you all the information that we’re collecting write us via the contact form below.