Ashtanga and me
Ashtanga and me | (To know more about this practice)
Ashtanga is undoubtedly the practice that allowed me to open myself. The practice of Ashtanga is very demanding. It pushes us into our last entrenchments. You should expect to be shaken physically and mentally. Without expecting it, we find ourselves more humble of our body, its abilities but also its limits.
The goal is not to be able to enter into an advanced posture (and it’s never been in yoga) but rather to accept the place where you are while doing it, and to work from there. We can only move forward, even if progress is not always visible. In my case, from the moment I unroll my mat, I know that I will have to let go and let myself be guided by my practice. And so begins a dance between humility and vulnerability, between control and lightness, between effort and relaxation.
An assiduous practice of ashtanga usually involves us in several phases. There are phases of joy and accomplishment, where suddenly a posture finally becomes accessible after months of work. Or when our teacher finally gives us a new posture, after weeks or months of kind of stasis (Rememeber we can only move forward).
Ashtanga and me
- Mobile Portrait Photography Studio 30th October 2023
- Paris Fashion Week Photography 30th July 2023
- We Love Green festival 15th June 2022
- Photographer on LosangExpo – Tobacconist Profesional Fair Trade 18th October 2021
- Architectural and interiors photographer 15th October 2021
- Photographer on the SILMO Paris – The Optical Fair 2nd October 2021
- A shoemaker in the Cévennes 20th September 2020
- A day with swimming pool builders 10th August 2020
- Feminist protest against the new government 10th July 2020
- Paris Gay Pride 2020 6th July 2020
Abonnez-vous à ce blog par e-mail.
All images on this website are the sole intellectual property of Mahdi Aridj Photography.
The copyright for any material created by Mahdi Aridj Photography is reserved. None of the images on this site may be reproduced or otherwise used in any way without the express permission of Mahdi Aridj Photography.
The provision of any e-mail address, name or other personal data is voluntary. Such data will be used by Mahdi Aridj Photography for the sole purpose of responding to your inquiry. If you want us to delete or to send you all the information that we’re collecting write us via the contact form below.