Ashtanga and me
Ashtanga and me | (To know more about this practice)
Ashtanga is undoubtedly the practice that allowed me to open myself. The practice of Ashtanga is very demanding. It pushes us into our last entrenchments. You should expect to be shaken physically and mentally. Without expecting it, we find ourselves more humble of our body, its abilities but also its limits.
The goal is not to be able to enter into an advanced posture (and it’s never been in yoga) but rather to accept the place where you are while doing it, and to work from there. We can only move forward, even if progress is not always visible. In my case, from the moment I unroll my mat, I know that I will have to let go and let myself be guided by my practice. And so begins a dance between humility and vulnerability, between control and lightness, between effort and relaxation.
An assiduous practice of ashtanga usually involves us in several phases. There are phases of joy and accomplishment, where suddenly a posture finally becomes accessible after months of work. Or when our teacher finally gives us a new posture, after weeks or months of kind of stasis (Rememeber we can only move forward).
Ashtanga and me
- Paris celebrates the champions of Africa 19th July 2019
- An uncommon Bastille Day with Algerian football fans 15th July 2019
- Barbes shivers for the Fennecs 11th July 2019
- One day of Ramadan in Paris 18th 20th May 2019
- Paris May Day 1st May 2019
- Pictures of the Fire at Notre Dame Cathedral 15th April 2019
- The 2019 Algerian protest in Paris – Hirak 10th April 2019
- Hirak – الحراك | The Algerian protests 7th April 2019
- Street Photography in Madrid 2nd April 2019
- An evening at the Théâtre des Champs Elysées 19th February 2019
Abonnez-vous à ce blog par e-mail.
All images on this website are the sole intellectual property of Mahdi Aridj Photography.
The copyright for any material created by Mahdi Aridj Photography is reserved. None of the images on this site may be reproduced or otherwise used in any way without the express permission of Mahdi Aridj Photography.
The provision of any e-mail address, name or other personal data is voluntary. Such data will be used by Mahdi Aridj Photography for the sole purpose of responding to your inquiry. If you want us to delete or to send you all the information that we’re collecting write us via the contact form below.