Ashtanga and me | (To know more about this practice)
Ashtanga is undoubtedly the practice that allowed me to open myself. The practice of Ashtanga is very demanding. It pushes us into our last entrenchments. You should expect to be shaken physically and mentally. Without expecting it, we find ourselves more humble of our body, its abilities but also its limits.
The goal is not to be able to enter into an advanced posture (and it’s never been in yoga) but rather to accept the place where you are while doing it, and to work from there. We can only move forward, even if progress is not always visible. In my case, from the moment I unroll my mat, I know that I will have to let go and let myself be guided by my practice. And so begins a dance between humility and vulnerability, between control and lightness, between effort and relaxation.
An assiduous practice of ashtanga usually involves us in several phases. There are phases of joy and accomplishment, where suddenly a posture finally becomes accessible after months of work. Or when our teacher finally gives us a new posture, after weeks or months of kind of stasis (Rememeber we can only move forward).
- Jewish wedding photography 10th November 2018
- Events and conventions photography 25th October 2018
- Tesla model 3 at the Paris Motor Show 6th October 2018
- Wedding photographer in Aix-en-Provence 30th September 2018
- Wedding photographer in Burgundy 11th September 2018
- YogaGraphy with Anne Francin 3rd September 2018
- Street photography à la Goutte d’Or 10th August 2018
- ANTRE by Séverine Bourguignon 9th August 2018
- Verukka Salt – Hip Hop dancer 31st July 2018
- France world’s champion, France 2018 Paris 18th 15th July 2018
Abonnez-vous à ce blog par e-mail.
All images on this website are the sole intellectual property of Mahdi Aridj Photography.
The copyright for any material created by Mahdi Aridj Photography is reserved. None of the images on this site may be reproduced or otherwise used in any way without the express permission of Mahdi Aridj Photography.
The provision of any e-mail address, name or other personal data is voluntary. Such data will be used by Mahdi Aridj Photography for the sole purpose of responding to your inquiry. If you want us to delete or to send you all the information that we’re collecting write us via the contact form below.