Street photography at the Goutte d’Or
I’ve been making some street photography at the Goutte d’Or during the summer festival. This neighborhood which was and still a working class area is unique. I’m living here since three years, I’ve always wanted to make street photography here but I prefered to take my time. Waiting to understand a bit and to get used to it. Some are saying you have to shoot photography with a new eye before you’re getting used to it. But I prefer sometimes to wait, to not make photograph like a tourist !
Man reading a book in the street
Manicure workshop after a dance show
I want a portait of me ! – La goutte d’Or en fête
Two women at La goutte d’Or en fête
A sapiste – La SAPE !
Refreshing his feet
No way !
Children getting ready for the next world cup
Wled el houma
It was the chance for me to walk in the streets with my camera and meet people talk to them take portraits of them. Maybe its the first step to a little reportage about the area of the Goutte d’Or it’s more interesting for me tho make from the inside. With knowing more the stories of the people i’m taking pictures of. Especially when it’s a neighborhood that sometimes people are scared of because they heard bad stories… I have to admit stories are not all pink but I insist that in matter of security I feel more safe here than elswhere in Paris. People know each other here it’s a little village. Gentrifcation has already started since few years but I hope it won’t get futher it’s a good balance until now and it should stay like that otherwise it will loose it’s unique seal !
- Pictures of the Fire at Notre Dame Cathedral 15th April 2019
- The 2019 Algerian protest in Paris – HIrak 10th April 2019
- Hirak – الحراك | The Algerian protests 7th April 2019
- An evening at the Théâtre des Champs Elysées 19th February 2019
- Events and conventions photography 25th October 2018
- Tesla model 3 at the Paris Motor Show 6th October 2018
- Wedding photographer in Aix-en-Provence 30th September 2018
- Wedding photographer in Burgundy 11th September 2018
- YogaGraphy with Anne Francin 3rd September 2018
- Street photography à la Goutte d’Or 10th August 2018
Abonnez-vous à ce blog par e-mail.
All images on this website are the sole intellectual property of Mahdi Aridj Photography.
The copyright for any material created by Mahdi Aridj Photography is reserved. None of the images on this site may be reproduced or otherwise used in any way without the express permission of Mahdi Aridj Photography.
The provision of any e-mail address, name or other personal data is voluntary. Such data will be used by Mahdi Aridj Photography for the sole purpose of responding to your inquiry. If you want us to delete or to send you all the information that we’re collecting write us via the contact form below.