Urban AcroYoga in Paris
We made some photography of Urban AcroYoga in Paris session at le parc de la Villette if you didn’t recognize it. It was with Claire & Christopher. They are two Yogis that are practicing AcroYoga since few months. As you know it I like streets and urban areas, so during my project YogaGraphy the aim is to take Yoga to the streets. So we decided to take the AcroYoga to the streets. We went to la Villette because the structures are great.
We set the shooting just on the front side of the new cité de la musique of Paris (Philarmonie de Paris). But after 20 min of photography, the security agents came to us and they forbid us to make photography on this side of the building. They said that we need a special authorization to photograph this facade. Which is a bit weird because so many people are making photography there and no one is stopping them. On top it’s a public place. Since they our mood mood we had to move and honestly we had what we needed. (Since, I’ve wrote the Philarmonie de Paris to ask for an authorization, a month later still no answer not even a no).
we moved to la Geode, to shoot more poses, the reflexion we had and the light on this saturday morning were great (The triptych was made there).
Claire & Christopher are really good at Acroyoga. This practice needs a lot of trust and balance.
Roles in Acroyoga
Depending on whose doing what in Acroyoga there’s three primary roles:
- Base – this is the individual who has the most points of contact with the ground. Often this person is lying on the ground with the entire back torso in full contact. This enables both the arms and legs to be “bone-stacked” for maximum stability and support of the Flyer. Main points of contact with the flyer are the feet (generally placed on the Flyer’s hips, groin or lower abdomen) and the hands (which either form handholds or grasp the shoulders).
- Flyer – this is the individual who is elevated off the ground by the Base. The Flyer can move into a series of dynamic positions, and generally lets gravity do the work for them. A Flyer needs balance, confidence, and core strength.
- Spotter – this is the individual who has an objective view of the partners, and whose entire focus is on making sure that the Flyer lands safely in case of any slips. The spotter can also make recommendations to the Base and Flyer to improve their form. (Source Wikipedia)
- France world’s champion, France 2018 Paris 18th 15th July 2018
- Fireworks of the Bastille day | Paris 14th July 2018
- We’re in the final ! – World Cup 2018 11th July 2018
- Sufi dance by Rana Gorgani | Trans’n’Dance 9th July 2018
- Raina Rai | The Rhizomes festival 7th July 2018
- Trans n Dance – Sufi whirling by Rana Gorgani 29th June 2018
- Urban AcroYoga in Paris | YogaGraphy 15th June 2018
- Orthodox baptism photographer in Paris 12th June 2018
- Wedding photographer in Dordogne – Domaine d’Essendiéras 6th June 2018
- Cable wakeboard in Malmo 1st June 2018
Abonnez-vous à ce blog par e-mail.
All images on this website are the sole intellectual property of Mahdi Aridj Photography.
The copyright for any material created by Mahdi Aridj Photography is reserved. None of the images on this site may be reproduced or otherwise used in any way without the express permission of Mahdi Aridj Photography.
The provision of any e-mail address, name or other personal data is voluntary. Such data will be used by Mahdi Aridj Photography for the sole purpose of responding to your inquiry. If you want us to delete or to send you all the information that we’re collecting write us via the contact form below.